Trademark Filing Requirements
Filing Requirements for Trademark Registration
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR THE DRAFTING OF TRADEMARK APPLICATION
- Full name, Father’s Name, Business Name, Address and Nationality of the applicant/s;
- Type of Ownership (Director, Proprietor or Partner);
- List of goods or services;
- International classification of goods and services;
- Date of first use of the mark in India, if any or statement that the mark is proposed to be used in India;
- Details of Convention Priority, priority application number, filing number and date of the first filed country (if any), the term of priority is (6) six months.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE FILING OF TRADEMARK APPLICATION
- A Power of Attorney (neither notarization nor consular legalization required) to be executed by an individual or a representative of a corporation, on a Stamp Paper of Rs.50/- (Separate for each class);
- Soft copy of the Mark, Logo or Label to be registered (Preferably in JPEG, JPG or GIF file formats);
- Certified copy of the application which is the basis of the Convention priority (if applicable) may be filed within (3) three months from the Indian filing date;
- If a right of priority is to be claimed based on an application filed in a Convention country within the last (6) six months, the filing date and a certificate by the registering authority of that country.